December 15, 2017

P.S. for yesterday

I should have sent this yesterday but I thought you would have enough to laugh at.  So I save "the rest of the story" for today.  After settling down Security about the help cord that got set off and brought even the head security to my rescue, I did it again.  No not the help cord but the fire alarm.  I had a couple of apples that needed to be used and like many times I decided to cook them with a little cinnamon and sweet stuff.  Good on oatmeal.  Lesson learned:  Never turn on the stove, leave something to simmer and sit down to a good book!!!!  It smelled so good cooking.  And all of a sudden it smelled too good.  I burned them pretty bad.  I threw open the balcony door and did all the things I could to stop the smoke.  But alas they came knocking on the door.  A whole team again,  headed by the "man", again.  He laughed and said I was making a reputation for myself.  They were nice about it.  I am soaking a pan that I may have to discard and no apples.  I was again embarrassed .  Just earlier someone burned bagels on my floor .  We kept them running.  I learned they are the best in the world at security and understanding,  I feel safe.  I do hope this is a day when I do nothing to bring them running, but I know they will come if needed--with a smile of relief that I am alright. 

Betty Boop

No comments: