March 15, 2018

GOOD DAY

It started out like I could not do what I wanted to do today,  I felt sort of draggy.  But I forced myself to go eat a good breakfast in the Cyber.  I felt myself getting better.  Jan came at 1:30 and we went to a gathering of the HAPPY STICHERS CLUB here.  They do a ministry of knitting small blankest and wrap a boll or stuffed animal and bible and places like the Catholic Charities give them to a home where mothers and their children for different reasons, need a safe place to stay.  Many have small children.  Jan's sister-in-law. Peggy heard about it through Jan and me and donated some of her beanie baby collection to them.  They were perfect and so welcomed.  We went to listen to where they were sent and Father Frank, form here, blessed them.  It was very touching. 

Then I went to the St. Patrick's Day party.  It was so much fun.  Food and decorations were great.  We sang Irish songs.  You know how I love singalongs.  So I have ended up with a much better day than I started with.  Thank you Lord.  A lesson:  Don't think about yourself so much!!!

Betty (part Irish) Boop

No comments: