March 17, 2018

SAD SATURDAY

When I got to breakfast this morning with my regular group, found out one of our members passed away during the night.  He was the one I called Santa Claus because he looked like him.  He has been ill a couple of weeks but was back in Siena when his death was sudden.  We were all so shook up and can't believe it.  He was such a friendly and generous man and seemed to love life and all people.  He will be missed.

The sun still shines this morning and God is bringing on a beautiful Spring.  St. Patrick's Day will be perfect for the parade down town.  Jan is coming and we will go to the grocery store for a few things.  Fresh fruit is arriving.  Jan brought me strawberries yesterday.  They make me think of Easter and shortcake.  I remember Truman making a nest of grass and we would put eggs in it to surprise the girls on Easter morning.  Something his mother did.  He said the eggs would be warm from cooking them and dyeing them with pieces of colored cloth wrapped around them as the cooked.  Clever way to color them.  Ham and potato salad and shortcake was always for dinner------   still is. Linda never liked Truman's performance of the Easter bunny.  It was a little unsettling. 

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I always liked the plaid eggs that Dad dyed. He made them by holding them in the different colors of dye to make stripes and then plaid.