March 23, 2018

SPRING IS IN THE AIR (I promise}

Yes, I have been sitting on the balcony for a few minutes and I decided to write a little.  I expect  a  little cool snap around Easter.  We usually do.  I remember when my girls were growing up, a new outfit was expected for Easter.  It was exciting.  New shoes and fancy socks. new dress, even though I made a lot of them in the early days. they were a work of art to me.  The girls had fancy purses and hats and some time gloves also.  I even made some of my own clothes.  I hope they were not embarrassed  at the way they looked.  Of course many moms sewed their girls clothes then.  I was not real good at it but I tried.  And we made up for it with pretty Easter baskets filled with "peeps". colored eggs, chocolate bunnies and maybe a toy.  Probably a coloring book.  Nothin like new crayons.  They smell so good.  It would be a little disappointing when they had to cover up with a sweater.  Even though the sweater was a pretty one--it still spoiled the effect.  I remember having a store bought dress once in a while.  I remember one Easter I had two new dresses, because we could not decide which to buy.  I can still see them both in my minds eye.  One was white taffater with pink roses and a beautiful sash.  The other was solid pink with tiny pearl buttons down the bodice.  I was about 10 years old, I think.  Some dresses in your past just stand out and stay with you.  Do little girls still get the thrill of "Easter Outfits?"

Betty Boop 
P. S.  I made a pot of navy bean and ham soup.  Last of the season.  Although I like soup year around.  Sure smells good.!!!

No comments: