February 14, 2020

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Hope you receive lots of love today.  My mind takes me back to my true love.  We always  exchanged valentines.  I have one of the first ones I sent Truman.   A homemade one, because little money was there in the early days and I was a stay at home Mom.  But through the years we bought them.  I have a few we exchanged from over the years. I am glad I saved a few.  Some years they were funny, some sexy,  some just plain dripping with love.  I will get them out sometime today and think of stories in the past.  Memories that time can not take away.  I also remember getting them in school.  The verses were read over and over when they came come from a secret admirer.   My oh my they were important.  Some I did not know who they were from because they were not signed.  Even more exciting to guess.  We decorated boxes to sit on our desk to receive the love notes.  Ah, young love.  Nothing like it. But how it grows over the years and always with you. 

Betty Boop
P. S.  I am wearing my valentine socks Linda gave me. I will show off to everyone who will look.

No comments: