February 8, 2020

SATURDAY

  Another Saturday without Jan.  She will be back soon form trip. And full of grandchildren stories. I will have to make-do I guess.  Amy in spite of her many things pulling her along, has spent much time with me and for me in Jan's absence. I don't know how she takes care of so many things and people. She has a gift of giving.  At lunch yesterday we had six at our table.  What fun.  We told Pat we were celebrating her graduation, with honors, from her therapy she has been enduring.  I know how that feels.  Another friend and I celebrated how many shrimp we had in our Gumbo.  We always do this to see who has the most.  I won !  I had 12!!  Of course about 4 of them were less than an inch long.   Just hatched we say.  Anyway, anything to laugh at.  My baked catfish was really good, although I looked jealous at the fried on some plates.  The worse is when they have pecan pie and I have to pass on it.  That happened too.  Oh well I got to collect 6 servings of cream for my coffee.  They all know I do this and hand it over like dues in the club.  See what our lunches are like?  A little gossip sprinkled like sugar on the cereal and plenty of laughs.   My we have a good life!!

Betty Boop

No comments: