April 10, 2023

BLUE SKIES SHINING AT ME

 And just what is that bright, blinding ray in the sky? Oh, I do remember, that lucky old SUN. How welcome it is. My mind was so full from yesterday, that it had trouble resting in sleep last night. Nice, very nice thoughts, but it kept playing over and over, yet I slept. I really did sleep late. 7 o'clock is late for me. I toyed with the idea of going down for breakfast in Cyber. But could not wake enough to get going. Had a soft boiled egg and TOTAL cereal with banana. Hence, not much cooking, fast and easy to clean-up. I will get back on track today. A new display on the Hall table. Could not wait to chase the bunnies back in boxes and pack away till next time. It looks good, I think. Not much clutter. A. let me use an old vase that was given to her. How to describe? Maybe she can send a photo soon. Beautiful green and looks pretty with pink flowers. Mama's old  table scarf with flowers she embroidered so long ago. She would transfer a design by pressing an iron from the paper to cloth. Any thing she wanted to make pretty. I kept some of the ones she did. She would always crochet around the edges. Ah how the way we do things now. Time seems to march faster now. Maybe that is just the way it is. Around the table yesterday, I was quiet and listened to all the stories, such a pleasure to just listen.

And to enjoy the wonderful ham, stuffed eggs, asparagus, hash browns, potato salad, slaw, and much more, ending with famous strawberry short cake. My, my, I have a plate of left overs waiting for my lunch. 

BETTY (lucky as the old sun) BOOP

p, s, just enjoy.

No comments: