July 24, 2023

MEMORY LANE AGAIN

 Memory Lane again? I seem to have entered it and can not find the exit. When I was a child in Elementary School at George school in South Jackson. 

we lived in a house just across the street from the school building. Summers stand out. I thought I was a real artist. I had a small blackboard on a folding stand. Pretty neat? I would set it up on the front porch and use colored chalk. Pretty classy?  I remember drawing a rabbit. It was so good (I thought). I showed it to everyone. No one thought it was as good as I thought. I can still see it in my mind. I would not erase it for dayyyyyys. I once later had a white rabbit. It lived in a cage my Daddy built. It was on high legs with a wire bottom for easy cleaning. I also remember they were paving the street in front of our house. Before, it had large gravel and rocks. I would gather big rocks and build things on the porch. I made a fence of rocks and put bugs and yes any thing I could think of to corral. What a busy little mess of a child I was. 

BETTY (those were the days?) BOOP

P. S. little girls wore sunsuits-not shorts. 



1 comment:

Amy said...

I love those memories. Bet that rabbit drawing was good!