July 28, 2023

SAW "HER" AGAIN

 My dear little Humming Bird. First and only customer. Well, the wasp . bees, and an unknown little bird, but this is the first hummer I have served. Of course she now has a name. I name everything. "Tilly". I remember a comic in the paper from the 1930's, called "Tilly, The Toiler."I think that is right. Young women in the Office force were rare then. She was a first. Have I remembered correctly or is my imagination working overtime? My Daddy would read the comics to me before I could read for myself. Sunday paper was in color and the day time was not. I liked the Sunday ones best. It did encourage me to learn to read. I love reading now. Books "take you away. Since the stroke, my eyes get tired quickly and I have to read short times. But I still love to be carried away and enjoy other places. Does anyone remember knowing about the early comics? I would love to hear your stories. There was one called "SNUFFY". And one about a cave man. Oh, my. I can think of others too. I think my brain has been shook up and poured out nonsense .

BETTY (go figure) BOOP

p. s. the whole paper is not as it used to be.  

No comments: