December 11, 2013

CINNAMON CHRISTMAS

I promised myself I would not get into such a detailed project.  When Amy suggested \this for me to give my friends I liked it a lot.  Now my apartment smells so like Christmas.  Cinnamon, applesauce, and  get ready--Elmer's glue come together with this wonderful dough that you roll out and cut like cookies.  I used Christmas tree and star cutters.  Put them on a baking tray and either let them dry for three days or oven at 300 degrees for about three hours.  I have already made two dozen and am making two to three dozen more.  You punch a hole with a straw to tie a ribbon and tag of greeting and your name.  They are going to be a hit (I hope)  because they smell so good and can hang anywhere.  Thank you Amy.  I needed you.  People still tell me they have kept my little coffee filter Angels and my beaded candy canes that I made the last two Christmases.  I can't believe it has been this long.  It seems like only yesterday that Truman and I were preparing for everyone to come.  I do the best I can and these new friends I have made, make it all worthwhile. 

Must go to an extra Choir practice in a little while.  We want to sing pretty for you.  Then back to making cinnamon trees and stars. 

Betty Boop

No comments: