December 31, 2013

THE BUBBLE or my Duck Dynasty

More observations.  I was in the Bubble (my private sun room)  at least I claim it to be mine, since nobody else seems to use it as much as I do.  I even arrange flowers on the table.  Anyway, just now while having a cup of coffee, I observed the ducks.  They caught my imagination when I saw five in a row.  I am not kidding.  "Ducks In A row".  just ahead I saw a circle of five or six just hanging out an discussing the weather and how bad the fishing is.  Over to the right there was a big group trying to get organized, I think.  All of a sudden as if a command was given, they all turned West and started swimming like they were running from something or else to something.  That is the shallow end of the Lake.  Better feeding I presume.  Then just as sudden, they all turned and started up stream. 
getting to the middle they broke up in groups again, except they left one lonely duck behind.  I watched feeling sorry for him when in the far distance behind him, I saw her.  (I think it was "her".  )  They swam together and seemed to say, don't feel sorry for us.  O. K. I want but I know spring is coming pretty soon, maybe being a romantic, I hope they get together.  End of story. but not for publication please.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think they figured out that it will be better fishing now that all those other dumb ducks are gone.