December 10, 2013

MERRY MONDAY

It was "merry' alright.  A little too much so.  I spent the morning signing gift checks for  the employees.  With three of us who could sign and they had to be co-signed, for 360 checks, well it took a long time.  I got hungry since it was one when we finished.  I rushed to eat lunch and had to be at an early choir practice at one thirty.  We were having a Christmas party at two thirty.  Went on the bus to the garden houses where this nice choir member opened her beautiful house to us.  It was so nice.  Food and wine was great.  Since I do not drink much anymore, the wine really hit me.  Only a half a glass sent me home like a rag.  I skipped church and dinner with friends and just relaxed.  I have been trying too hard to do too much.  As much as I hate it--I will have to pace myself better.  ZI decided not to go to the great Top O Dom party that The Sisters put on for us.  It is so nice and to see Jackson lit up at night from the top of St. Dominic's makes our city look large.  I have been to this party two years and I decided I did not want to go this time.  A day of rest and no pressure tonight should go a long way to get me going again. 

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

you know life is good when you have to pace yourself to have as much fun as possible. I am so happy you are happy!!