December 30, 2013

OBSERVATIONS

I read somewhere that it takes a lot of living to reach old age. Well I guess I have lived a lot, because I  am fast approaching the ripe old age of 87.  Can't believe it.  Never thought I would make it--in fact I never thought much about the fact that I was traveling along, headed that way.  My thoughts were of being a little two year old and being the apple of my  parents eye.  I was dressed up like a doll all the time and "made over" by everyone.  I remember that.  I always seemed special to those around me.  I was so small and cute and smiled a lot.  I remember that.  I also remember never having to worry about being taken care of, even though I know now that my parents struggled during the "Depression" years.  Life was simple then.  I could even walk to downtown or ride the bus and not worry about safety.  Even when the WW11 went on, I was in the dark about what was happening.  On to work and marriage I had stability.  Wonderful memories of raising a family were made.  I know I have not achieved great things, things any one would remember but time did march on while my life unfolded and all of a sudden it seems ---I AM OLD.  How did I get here?  And why?  But Hey! here I am still going.  I am not depressed.  Nothing like that.  Just amazed.

Betty Boop

No comments: