March 4, 2014

APPLE ? BEIGNETS

I just got back from the first phase of Mardi Gras celebration.  I think it is the best part.  THE MADISON CENTRAL BRASS BAND played and we had coffee and apple beignets.  Not exactly New Orleans style but our style here.  They were very good but the music was great.  Terry Miller still leading strong.  I watched the drummers closely.  I guess they have not had one like Bryan since he left because they did not exactly give them  the spot light the way they  did Bryan.  I wish I could here him solo again.  It was a thrill I will always remember.  But the highlight was when they played WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN of course.  Many marched and swayed as they did when they were young.  Kind of got the blood pumping.  I am now waiting to go to the special lunch.  Tell you later about that.

Betty Boop

No comments: