March 7, 2014

VEGGIE TIME

One of my favorite  places is open for the season.  Freshway on Old Canton Road.  I  heard it was open and went to shop this morning.  It used to be a little hard to shop for two, but even harder for one.  You just tend to buy too much.  I bought tomatoes and decided to surprise three of my friends and bring them some tomatoes too.  I just put sacks at three doors.  Wont they be excited.?  I am now cooking a small portion of squash and green beans.  I will have baked sweet potato and tomato and a small slice of cornbread.  Care to join me?  As summer comes, everything will be grown more locally and be even better.  For now I will take it as is. 

Betty Boop

P. S. The tomatoes came from Florida and I had a slice on a sandwich for lunch--it was good but they will be better soon.

No comments: