March 22, 2014

SATURDAY

Jan came to eat lunch.  Nice on the Terrace.  Others joined us so we did not have it alone as usual.  I guess everyone loves  Spring weather.  Before we know it we will be complaining that it is too hot.  We got into a chore I have been needing to do. Does paper consume you?  Afraid to throw away stuff?  It has happened to me.  We went through a lot of old paper work and discarded a lot.  We got tired and postponed the rest till the mood hits again.  Things do look better. 

I made a funny soup today.  I did not have tomatoes or potatoes.  Just cooked chicken, onion, celery, carrots, and left over veggies.  I added Lima beans, green beans, canned corn  and a secret ingredient.  Cole slaw!!.  It did not have any dressing in it--just cabbage (two kinds)  carrots and  a left over dinning room soup.  Tomato sauce and tomato soup.  Now what would you call it?  O yes, whole wheat spaghetti.  Yum Yum, Think I will have a big old bowl for supper.

I like this quote I read this morning,.  "Thankfulness lifts you up above your circumstances." 
It works,  Try it.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow. That sounds good. Cabbage tomato soup is a classic!