March 1, 2014

HIGHLIGHT of the DAY

I haven't been out of here since last Sunday, so Jan and I went to THE DOLLAR TREE.  Wow. what fun on a Saturday afternoon.  I needed tissue flowers supplies.  I wish I knew how many I have made.  I made a bowl of Mardi Gras colored flowers to decorate the hall table I am responsible for.  It looks pretty good with beads and coins and my French doll.  The store was full of shoppers. 

Jan and I had fun going through my storage cage looking for my High School annual.  I seem to  have misplaced it.  Can't find it yet.  Jan said it is somewhere.  Does anyone out there remember anything about it?  We found Truman's Navy album and I spent a long time this afternoon looking through it.  What a life for  a 21 year old sailor who had never been away from Mississippi before to be sent around the world.  I think he made the most of it.  Made him what he was.  I am glad he wrote about it.  Read   it again sometime.  I think you would appreciate it more since you are all older.  That was his wish that you knew that part of his life. 

Betty Boop

No comments: