March 13, 2014

GOOD DAY

Doris Jones, Mississippi Poetry Society winner of Poet of the Year 2011, talked at our Creative Writers Group, yesterday.  I am proud to say I already know her.  She is a friend of Amy's at Madison Methodist Church.  I have heard her read before and have her books.  We really enjoyed her as she is a good speaker and teacher.  Our little group really does not have much know how and we are just enjoying reading our "stuff" to each other.  We really need some direction.  Of course this scares me,  as I know I am flying by the seat of my pants and what I write just pleases me with no clue that it is proper or correct..  Better be careful or I will loose  my creativity or desire to write.  Yet it would feel good to know some real helpful things.  She made us all feel good about what  we write,  she had us write for her and then read it.  It was fun but  I was a little intimated and almost excused myself.(I am not kidding)   I had a very short time to write what she told us to and sometime it takes a month for me to compose a poem.  But you know what?  I came home and wrote this Easter poem I had been worrying over for a few days in just 15 minutes.  Got the juices going I guess.  Of course "Dot" fashion--it is silly and funny but everyone has their own style.  As Doris says, these stories are in floating above us, just pull them down.  I know I enjoy writing them down. 

Betty Boop

No comments: