May 5, 2015

CINCO DE MAYO

Let me start at the first.  A very good place to start,  Breakfast with two friends.  Laundry day.  Wash, dry and put away.  One of those "special" lunches the dinning room is famous for.  They try, but Mexican is really better at a Mexican restaurant.  It was pretty good, but the company was better.  Nap.  I then went through my shoes and purses.  Since I have of late bought some special shoes and some new sandals  I needed to get rid of some I would never wear again.  That felt good to clear some space in the closet.  I just knew the lunch had affected my sugar level, but it did not.  So with 101 I need a snack.  Cheese and crackers (whole grain) and a coke was in order.  First I must tell you this.  My neighbor, Mary, brought me a hummingbird feeder that you stick in a flower pot.  I did not see how it could work, but I found a wire stake I bought for my last year's tomato plants.  It was tall enough I thought .  I made sugar water and filled the little 6 inch tube and set it in a flower pot on the table on my balcony.  Thinking it was useless.  I went out with my cheese and crackers just now.  As I sat down on the other end, I turned to see a tiny hummingbird drinking the sweet juice.  I was so excited. No one around, I had to tell my Blog friends.  So exciting!!  Does not take a lot to thrill me, I guess.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

just put the juice out and they will come