May 30, 2015

REMEMBER BRENT'S DRUG?

I pulled Brent's up on the computer  and was surprised at the negative comments.  Such a shame.  I remember it with much pleasure.  It started in 1946.  The year we were married.  I worked at the Bank with Truman till Linda was born.  Those days, the banks were open till noon on Saturday.  Glad when they stopped that.  We would leave the bank on Saturday and stop in Fondren to shop at the Jitney Jungle.  Brent's was another place we went. It was next door  Can't remember lunch (could not afford it then) but we did have coffee.  Today I am making a long time favorite of Brent"s--Olive-Egg salad.  Best sandwich filling I know.  Maybe it will taste a little like the original.  With whole wheat bread it is not the same but good enough. 

Mr. Cardinal ruled the roost this morning.  No manners.  He scares the sparrow brood off.  They scatter when he comes.  Just like people=why can't we all just get along?  Share and give in a little?  Since the beginning of time, that is the question.  I do my part.  How about you?

Betty Boop

No comments: