September 9, 2015

BUSY (for me) DAY

Busy day but fun when it starts with ham and eggs in the Cyber.  I had Exercise class, fun people, then up to apartment to grab my stuff for the play practice.  I can see a glimmer of success that it  will come together soon.  But it has been harder than usual.  Hard to lip-sync.  But practice makes perfect or almost perfect.  I had lunch in my apartment then a nap, then Creative Writers group.  I don't know how long this group will last.  Only three left.  No new people are interested.  O well.  So forth and so on and what have you?

I got a peek in the Activity room at what is going on for tomorrow.  Shabby Chic Luncheon.  We were invited to do tablescapes.  I did not try it.  They were looking so interesting and some very pretty.  I saw one with a small bottle tree as the centerpiece with pretty blue bottles.  I remember my yard tree on Riverwood.  Now it has a good home with Sophie and Paul and I am glad.  I guess I will dress in between shabby and chic, just to be safe.  No contest (thank goodness.)  By the way tablescapes is not in the dictionary.  Made up by who?  Don't know.  So I spelled it like I wanted to.

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Karen Buffington said...

A new poem Jeff wrote today that I thought you might like....
Jeff Buffington
On Sep 9, 2015 3:01 PM, "Jeff Buffington" wrote:
>
> “Playground”
>
>
>
> Sounds of children’s laughter
>
> Echo across the airwaves
>
> It’s what our hearts are chasing after
>
> Little ones playing chase
>
> Up and down chutes and ladders
>
> Picking up the pace
>
> The merry go round spins around
>
> Kids on swings screaming as they go higher and higher
>
> Swinging without a care in the world
>
> Up and down the seesaw
>
> Games of hide n go seek
>
> Running across the playground so young, wild and free
>
> Innocence is plenty
>
> If only we could go back
>
> Things would be different
>
> Our tired and grown up souls are longing for younger days
>
> There was a time in our lives, when life was this good
>
>
>
> “Playground”
>
> Written by: Jeffrey A. Buffington
>
> September 9, 2015
>
> Images in Words 2015

Jeff Buffington

Dot said...

I love it. I like to read others thoughts. That is what poems are to me. It is a real way to express yourself. I am glad I discovered I can do this too. Thank you Jeff. I could feel the playground, and children. Takes you back, I could feel the thought behind it. Memories are a good thing, ,make plenty and store them away. They do come in handy some day. Aunt Dot. P.S.--Jeff life is good!!!