September 13, 2015

SPLENDED SATURDAY

I don't know how but I slept till 7:00 Saturday morning, so I decided to fix my own breakfast, and take it easy.  When I go to the Café it is an effort to get decent looking early and that is why I did not rush. That's the reason most people don't go down-they hate to get "ready" early.  Jan came to visit and we had lunch on the terrace.  It was perfect.  We "Tarried on the Terrace" a long time.  Need to write a poem about that.  Always looking for a subject.  The water looked so pretty with a slight breeze and the sun reflecting.  Jan got her turkey burger fix with wonderful SC Cyber fries. I ventured out for something new(to me).  Santa Fe Salad.  Seasoned grilled chicken(the best), spring mix, diced tomatoes, avocados  roasted corn, pico de gallo and tortilla strips fried, with avocado ranch dressing.  It was different and I liked it.  We enjoyed a good visit and walked through the halls and met some people that she did not know and a few that she did know.  I am sure visiting with people here is different from what she is used to every day.  There is just something special about them. 

How about this cool snap?  Don't get too used to it, we will still have a little more summer to come.

Betty Boop




No comments: