September 13, 2015

SUNNY SUNDAY

Sunny and cool too.  My it feels good.  I know summer is not over for us but it feels good to get a preview of what's to come.  Lunch after church with Sophie, Paul, Amy, and M. G,  Ryan was sick and we missed him.  I am so blessed that they still want me to go with them.  Not all old "grannies" get to hang out with the young crowd.  I can't always  keep up with the conversation, because I have no idea sometime what they are talking about,  but I try.  Anyway, I took a nap and sat on the balcony and read a while and I actually got a little chilled. 

Today would have been Truman's birthday.  Amy remembered, and Jan and I talked about it yesterday.  He would have been 94.  All his years were good and I am glad he was so active right  up to the end.  Some people don't get that lucky.  I hope I do.  How about you? 
Betty Boop

1 comment:

Karen Buffington said...

Moms was Saturday. She would've been 74. I thought about Uncle Truman and remembered all the "joint" get togethers at Mammaw Browns.