September 10, 2015

LUNCHEON

You probably would just as soon not to hear about the luncheon, but here it goes.  It was a lot of fun.  I think it was 15 or 16 tables decorated by residents.  And all were very pretty.  So many different themes.  People who saved their favorite things when they had to downside had some beautiful things to work with.  The table I sat at was very elegant and pretty.  Hard to describe.  It looked like Fall with the colors.  A beautiful ceramic pumpkin set in fall netting.  Oh I can't do it justice.  Not good at it.  Anyway they were all so different, you would have to be there.  It was brunch food.  Fresh fruit of blueberries, strawberries and my favorite watermelon.  The quiche was filled with cheese, ham and bacon, and mushrooms and very good.  Also a orange muffin.  And lemon layer cake for dessert (which I only had a bite)  and coffee.  Michael Dan Colbert sang and played nice music that we all know and love.  People were really dressed chic mostly , not too much shabby.  But the shabby was a little overdone of course. But that is fun too.   There was talk by Shirley that some suggested we have another one around Christmas and serve pancakes and come in pajamas.  Oh my. kind  of hope that one does not get off the ground. I have not had pajamas since I was a child and my gowns are "see" through!!!She later said maybe we could come in our robes.  Even there I look like Raggedy Ann.  We will see how this works out.

Betty Boop

No comments: