September 19, 2015

SATURDAY MORNING

I sound like a broken record, but I can't believe another week has passed and it is the middle or more into September.  I just had breakfast in the Cyber.  I have sworn off pancakes.  Really!!  The are not worth the misery they cause me.  But egg over light. sausage patty. whole wheat toast and coffee went down very nice.  I really enjoy breakfast.  I remember a time when my Mother had to beg me to eat breakfast.  I was what she called a "picky eater."  Those days have faded into the past and now days, I love almost any kind of food.  Maybe I went too far into the other direction. 

My funny little reindeer I am making for Christmas  gifts are coming along good. 50 are now waiting for a hanger.  That has been decided and also a handmade gift card is in mind.  I put them away till later to finish as I have other irons in the fire so to speak.  I am glad to get this much done before Christmas.  Speaking of Christmas--it will come fast after next month.

I have this little stacked coffee cup that Peggy gave me long ago. because I liked Betty Boop even then.  Truman and I used to drink tea from it.  He made it all the time and I enjoyed that.  The top is her face and arms and the bottom is her dancing legs and short frilly skirt.  He always gave me the top and he took the bottom half.  This morning I brought a second cup of coffee up from breakfast and drank from my  Betty Boop cup. I  think she looked surprised to see coffee instead of tea in her cup.  I drank it in the Bubble and watched a duck--diving for its breakfast.  Truman called those ducks di-dapples.  Don't think that is the official name but they are fascinating, how long they can stay under.

Good start to the day and Jan is coming for lunch.

Betty Boop

No comments: