September 7, 2015

OTHER PEOPLES BLOGS

 I love other peoples Blogs.  Today I liked Sophie's.  She told about their trip to Fairhope, Alabama.  Her pictures and story made you want to go there.  Not only is she trained and educated to write, she has lots of talent.  I also like Amy's blog.  She does pictures too but her descriptions and great.  To tell a story this way is such a talent.  I received three different comments today on my poems and essays for the VILLAGER.  I don't know if my readers are good judges or if they just don't have anything else to do, but I take it with pride and humility. 

Our Labor Day lunch here was uneventful.  Betty and I decided since we had never ordered Polish sausage before we would try something different.  Well as far as we could tell. it was only a big fat hot dog on a white bun.  Of course I took mine off of the bread and covered it with grilled onions (pretty good) and ketchup. and cut it in bites.  I got by.  But my downfall was the homemade pecan pie.  I came home and went to bed and slept two hours.  I don't know if it was really asleep or passed out. but when I woke my blood sugar was 178.  High but not danger zone which is over 200.  I am not saying it was worth it, but it sure was good.  But I see I can not handle it and I should avoid that much sugar at a time.  It takes will power and sometime I am weak.  Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is so hard not to eat the things we love. Those two Sonic guys you like are killing me with those cake shakes. I want to drive straight to Sonic and slurp one up.