February 29, 2016

LUNCH ON THE PORCH

Sunday lunch at Keifer's.  It was a little cool and windy.  I got to sit in the sun and was fine.  Especially with a cup of coffee.  That is where I had my first gyro.  I have loved them ever since, but Keifer's has the best.  Sophie, Paul, M. G., Ryan, Amy and me.  THE SUNDAY SIX. Much talk, but these old ears can't hear it all and most of the time I just smile like an idiot and they think I hear.  Also my , my they talk so fast and jump from one subject to another so fast that I get a little weary.  I am just glad for the special attention I get and that  they put up with me.  Sunday's are so different now.  Once I was young (youngish) and had my generation of relatives to eat with and did we have fun?  Oh yes.  I imagine you would be surprised if you could have listened in.  Of course you would have to go to the Piccadilly    What are the odds of that ? Hey there were very few restaurants in the "old days."  Not like now when you can't decide which one to pick.  Sometime progress is good and I go along .  What can I do.  Stay at home in a shell?  Some do but not me. 

Betty Boop

No comments: