September 5, 2016

LABOR DAY

What does the word labor bring to mind.  To me Labor Day always brings up the picture of the strong arm and hammer on the baking powder box, or was it baking soda?  I went to my pantry and the only box I saw was a Kroger baking soda box.  So I don't remember if it is soda or baking powder.  I am out of touch with baking except with mixes.  But I bet you all remember the arm and hammer.  Speaking of cooking, Amy and I were invited to the Patrick home for Sunday lunch.  They work together so well, and they made a "mean" BLT!! It had a special spread and was sooooo good.Also pasta salad.  The food was great and the company was too.  They are so sweet to both of us.

Cloudy this morning.  I think we can expect rain this afternoon.  I am having a special Labor Day lunch here, so let it rain.  Amy and I went to Michael's yesterday and found the main thing I need to make my Christmas "happies",  I will get everything together soon and begin some fun making them.          Well off to Exercise class and coffee with the bunch, we don't take off for the holidays. 

Betty Boop

No comments: