October 29, 2016

ABOUT THE BEACH

I am still on the beach.  Here are three short poems that came to me actually the first day we were there.  After that  my mind went into lazy mode and no more poems came to mind.  Here are a few thoughts.

REMEMBERING  (the sisters)
 
As the sun warms the beach,
Water, sand, as far as eyes can reach,
As they stroll on their walk,
They talk.
 
Red-haired, Brunette, & Blonde.
They have a special bond,
Of sharing memories-long forgot-
Or not. 
 
MEMORIES  
 
The sun brings diamonds on the sea.
Bringing memories back to me.
The water is very calm'
To my soul brings a certain balm.
(about me of course)
 
THREE GENERATIONS (written after Whitney joined us for a day.)
 
Around the table they all sit.
How rare can this get?
Eager to enjoy each other.
Daughters, sisters, and grandmother.
 
Each telling their own stories.
Weather of fame, fortune, or glories.
So much happens when you are apart.
Sharing love from the heart.
 
It is right and good to live your own lives,
But sooner or later the time arrives,
When you really want to share.
With some families this is rare.
 
I am glad we had this time together and hope to do it some more.
 
Betty Boop

No comments: