October 14, 2016

TEA & CRUMPETS

Tea and Crumpets was so much fun yesterday. The table where I sat had a beautiful tablescape Diana, our assistant activities director (new and young and beautiful) did the one I sat at.  I don't know where these people keep all the pretty stuff that was used.  Lot of talent.  Do you know what a crumpet is? My dictionary says it is a small unsweet batter cake, baked on a griddle, usually toasted before served.  Now you know-- but our kitchen does not.  There was a little square of blueberry crumb cake, too sweet. a plain sugar cookie still too sweet, two kinds of cheese and whole wheat crackers on the plate.  Go figure.  It was good and free, but not much like I expected.  I can't tell you what the drink was because it too was not tea and  still too sweet.  Oh well, we had pretty piano music and a lady to demonstrate how to tie scarves.  She was good, but I still can't do it.  I think everyone was there. dressed up and enjoying a "girlie" thing.  Today, we had a Christmas in October sale.  Nice and lovely things made by residents.  We have so much talent here.  I could have sold my little Christmas wreaths, but what would I then give my friends for Christmas?--- Lunch was good with three others that I know but do not usually eat with.  It was good to hear some new stories. Sitting next to us was Father Frank, retired priest who lives here.  He had three good looking young Irish priest as guest.  We loved hearing them talk.  They were enjoying themselves and Father Frank was in rare form.----today   I meant to go to the grocery store today But I ran out of energy.  Maybe another day.

Betty Boop

Betty Boop

Betty Boop

No comments: