October 11, 2016

BUSY WRITING

This first one is for the VILLAGER.        

SMILES

I must write a poem for you,
Sometimes not easy to do.
The subject of SMILES comes to me.
Write quick-or the thought will flee.

Smiles can brighten your day.
As you go along your way.
Weather you give or receive one,
I think it's lots of fun.

Then one for the Library Board. 

GIVE THANKS

It is that time of year.
Thanksgiving Day is near.
Be thankful every day.
For blessings that come our way.
   
Not only for turkey and pie,
As we push from table and sigh,
But for friends, family and love.
Remember blessings come from above.

Dot Ellis 
Just thought you would like to see what I am doing. Every time I write a couple each month, I think I can't write any more, but I am urged and flattered till I do it all over again.  Well it keeps my mind busy and eyes open for subjects.  That is a good thing--I think.

Betty Boop

No comments: