April 17, 2018

GOOD TRIP

Well not a real trip.  Just across the parking lot to Campbel Cove, our SCV choir went.  Almost all if not all went to sing for the residents there.  That is the unit for dementia.  I know so many of them and it was bittersweet to be singing just to them.  We really sang for about 25 of them and you could just see how we connected through music.  It was very moving to see smiles and some sang along with familiar songs.  What a blessing for me.  I had already had a full day when I went and still went to Methodist church at 4.  Paige, Lances' wife, who is also a minister spoke.  She is as good as he is, they both can deliver a good message.  Well I was tired but happy. 

This morning I am going to "Mugs and Muffins"  for the ladies where we will take our own cup for coffee and I assume muffins (although I will pass on the muffins} and hear a speaker on how to tie a scarf!!  I need a lesson in that subject.  I am not a scarf person anyway.  It may be fun to learn.  Then I am having lunch with Betty, Judy and Betty's daughter-in-law.  So you see I have another full day.  Thank you Lord for things to do and strength to do them.

Betty Boop

No comments: