April 9, 2018

SATURDAY IN STARKVILLE

I woke early feeling better than I had in a while.  Did it have something to do with the excitement of a road trip with Jan and Amy to Starkville?  It had everything to do with it.  I had not been out of town in a while and to be going to see Bryan and Ashley (who was going to be there too) was almost more than I could imagine.  We left early and my neck got tired from turning from side to side to view the beautiful ride up.  It  was rainy and cold but we had a lot to talk about and we did that.  We were to see where Bryan lived while teaching a semester at State.  About to come to an end and they will be on to the next step.  The faculty house was just like Bryan.  Neat and perfect for him while he and Ashley endured her in Boston and him there.  They are amazing.  I am proud of them both.  We also saw the building where he taught and his office.  So neat.  We went down memory lane while driving the campus.  Jan and Amy said so much had grown and changed but the memories were still there,.  After a wonderful lunch at the Veranda (a nice place) we visited more and then it was time to head south hoping it was warmer here.  It wasn't but Spring is on the way.  Great day and I really enjoyed it at lot.  Don't travel much anymore so even a day trip satisfies me. 

Betty Boop

No comments: