July 24, 2024

SOUTHERN CORNBREAD

How do you define Southern Cornbread?  Is it with sugar or not?  I think it is with sugar.  But I do not put sugar in it. So what do I call it ?  I call mine the best.  I do not have my little baby  skillet anymore, the best one, so I can't really make it like I used to,  Iron is the best. The Dinning room calls theirs Southern, it has sugar, I don't like it with sugar,  Old time cooks did not use sugar.  Oh well, I brought muffins from Dinning Room and will eat it with my peas and okra Amy brought, today.  I cooked them yesterday.  It sounds like I have a war with /sugar,  I do, Being a diabetic. I fight it all the time. I find if I am really selective and eat a small  amount of something with sugar, I can get away with it.  It makes makes me "sweeter" too.

BETTY (sweetly be) BOOP

 

 


  

No comments: