February 5, 2014

JUST RIGHT

Tuesday is a "just right" day.  No real responsibilities.  Just float down the hall. accepting belated birthday wishes and questions about how good it really was.  I decided that birthdays are a really big thing beyond the 80's.  Everyone seems to be excited to get them.  That includes me.  I am reluctant to take the 43+ cards and put them away.  One more day to enjoy the greetings.  We had a program on preserving your legacy Tuesday.  Someone helps you to remember your past memories for your children.  I was reminded of how Truman was so for that.  His part was big in the publishing of the big Ellis book.  It was more than a book of records.  It holds so much of the stories of his family and you are a part of it.  Also ENGEBI  is like him talking to you as you read it.  And of course TRU-BE-DO-BE-DO  is his story.  I am glad I urged him to do that.  Of course in a small way my MEMORIES OF LITTLE DOT is mine.  Truman wanted to write about the years between his books but I guess I did not stand behind him on that one.  Wish I had.  Any way the program was encouraging to many there who want to preserve their past for their children and beyond.  Everyone has a story.  It may not seem very important to them, but hopefully to their kids. 

I had a GREAT BLT at lunch

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love all the books. I enjoy writing my dumb blog.