May 23, 2014

FRIDAY {already}?

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but the weeks do seem to fly by.  Yesterday was a sort of catch-up day.  You know what I mean?  Kind of do as you please day.  I ate my lunch on the balcony and watched the trees and sky and clouds.  You have heard of my live affair with the clouds, so I want bore you with that story. 

I am also mulling over an idea.  The library is sponsoring a contest.  The subject to write on is the mamas duck we all watched so closely. Since not many people write poems, I thought I would try to write one.  I have written so much about our ducks already.  I have a short essay coming in the next VILLAGER on mama Catherine duck.  It comes out June 1st.  I think I have a title and ideas in my head on what I want it to say, but my style is to rhyme and that is hard sometime.  I wish I could write different but I don't know enough about what is right to do it.  So I will just have to try.  You know the saying?--"Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway."    So off to "work I go."

Betty Boop

No comments: