May 13, 2014

LUCKY DUCK--LUCKY MAMA DUCK--LUCKY ME

I just witnessed a small miracle!!!You know we have all  been watching Catherine the mama duck who had a nest in the rose garden.  She suffered through rain, storms, and heat and cold to hatch a dozen eggs yesterday.  We all were watching with wonder.  I went down to the Cafe at 7:30 to breakfast , only one on the hall, when I saw Mama duck with babies up by the window.  She was obviously very upset.  On looking I saw the reason.  One little duck had fallen in the drain through a grate.  I was so shocked.  I began to draw a crowd.  We got maintenance men All tried but could not get it open.  Meanwhile Mama and all of us were worried.  Over and over they tried and gave up.  Then another round of help including Sister Mary Margret and I think she brought office people and last of all the head CEO  Mary Margret Judy to the rescue.  They opened the grate with much to do and reached in to draw the baby out to the shouts of all.  It took the head lady down to 6 maintenance men and many inside giving advice  to get that job done.  You should have seen the baby when they released it--how it ran?  waddled fast to mama.  I cried for joy.  Several said to me that it would make a good subject for me to write.  I don't know if I could give it justice.  I am so happy for that mama and baby.  Now let us get them to the lake safely. 

Betty Boop

No comments: