May 31, 2014

NOT NICE TOO BRAG

I just got the current issue of THE VILLAGER.  I had two stories in it.  One about graduation and one about the rescue of baby duck.  Both real stories.  I hope to write poems next.  I have a few ideas.  That is the way they start.  Ideas run around in my head till I gather them and write them down.  Then try to make them rhyme.  Sometime I have to give up and just make them into a story, which is all right.  Jan came and we ate on the terrace but had to retreat under the eves because it started to sprinkle.  But it was fun.  While we were there Jan got a text with a picture of Brody at Chick=Fillet.  He looked so happy.  Don't blame him, I like it there too.  I bet he will enjoy the children at Gulf Shores. 
two weeks and counting. 

Betty Boop

P. .S:  I  have a CD playing.  Songs of 1946.  I bought it because I love that music and because it end with THE OLD LAMP LIGHTER.  You may not know it but it is a story about a couple sitting in the park at night when the lamps get lit by the old man they call the Lamplighter.  Truman and I called it "our song", because we would walk downtown every night because we had run out of movies to see.  That was our entertainment. .  He did not have a car then.  We would sit in the Smith park downtown and just "visit." and talk about everything.  It was kind of dark but not completely.  You can not sit there anymore.  It would not be safe.  So sad that we  have to worry about our safety so much now.  Anyway==Excuse me while I go now and shed a few tears.  I am not sad, just sweet memories.

MaMaw

No comments: