May 9, 2014

RAINY DAY

Such a great weekend coming.  The rain will not bother us.  The dedication to God of Brody will be the centerpiece.  And rightly so.  Linda, Joseph and Parker are coming too.  They will stay with me.  I bought St. Catherine's cookies and boxed cereal.  I hope Parker likes Lucky Charms or Rice Crispies.  Also waffles or eggs and toast bacon , if he likes them All kinds of fruit are available..  It has been a while since I thought about what a big boy like Parker likes for breakfast--I am prepared. (I hope).  Lunch at Paul and Sophie's new home is going to be great.  So good of them and brave too, to  have such a big group.  We all do appreciate this. 

One mama duck has hatched her brood!!  All her eggs hatched except 3.  That is to be expected.  I did not get to see them but those who did said she led them straight to the Lake.  Isn't that wonderful?  I do hope a good number survive-----meanwhile "back at the ranch"  the Chapel duck still sits.  Having rolled a few bad one out, she was still  sitting this morning.  It must be close now.  I will keep you up to date.  Chance are slim that I will get to see the show.  The take the little ducks straight to the water.  With as many who are watching--someone will get the pleasure.  Hope it is me. 

How does Navy Bean soup and a small  salad made with a good tomato and cucumber sound? Well walk right in and I will be glad to share. For Lunch.

Betty Boop  P. S.  Did I tell you that one of my tomato plants has two blooms.  A tomato for you and one for me. 

No comments: