July 30, 2016

ALAN JACKSON

Maybe you don't know, but while I like many different kinds of music, I especially like certain kinds of country,  Not all of it by no means.  Jan gave me an  Alan Jackson CD a while ago.  Titled PRECIOUS MEMORIES.  Never play it when you are melancholy.  It is an album of old, old hymns.  One he closes with, I have never heard.  I WANT TO STROLL OVER HEAVEN WITH YOU.  I take it that it  means with a loved one.  Well I guess I was in for good cry, since I haven't had one lately.  It is strange how it hits you so sudden.  I wasn't expecting it.  But it felt good,  as I pictured Truman and me walking together again.  Now I am the first to say I do not know what Heaven will be like.  But like most humans, we picture only what we know and that is not a lot.  I do know I will love it but can't wait to see it .  Of course I had a little talk with myself and decided to do something for someone in need.  A dear friend, really from long ago. that I connected with again here, had a stroke.  I have been meaning to visit her.  I do hate visiting in Siena where Truman was.  But I did what I could and made her a small vase of 6 paper tissue flowers in pastel colors.  It was pretty.  She knew me and was happy to see me.  I felt better.

Betty Boop

No comments: