July 9, 2016

OH THE THINGS I SEE

I go on the balcony a lot.  Even though it is hot.  Just to get the feel of being outside.
I get to see a lot of things that interest me.  Just this morning I saw on my side of the Lake a group of half grown Igrets.  Twelve in all.  What a pretty sight.  I usually only see one grown one and sometime two.  I guess I made a noise, even though I tried to be quite and watch, because they suddenly all flew away to the other side of the lake except for one.  He looked around and decided to fly too.  I loved what I saw this morning.

I went to breakfast in the Cyber.  I usually do on Saturday.  I got the Cyber Special and it was way more than I usually eat.  Two over light eggs, three bacons, grits, wheat toast and coffee.  Oh boy. it was good.  I am usually the first to be served but before I could finish eating the place was full.  Warden, a friend who works in the Library and does the board outside for the library each month, had coffee with me.  She wants me to do a poem for August.  We agreed on THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER.  I am writing a poem about dog days.  Have you heard that saying?  She says, she is getting so much feedback from her board and gave me credit for my poems I give her.  She is a sweet person and a good friend.      I think I will ask Mr. Google about the dog days of summer.

Betty Boop

No comments: