February 12, 2019

WORLD DAY OF THE SICK

I did not know of this day.  I think it is a Catholic thing.  We observed it in a nice way.  .  Names  were collected and put in a basket and presented at the alter of the Chapel. Every one was invited to put names of the sick. There was a ceremony where several people(I did not know them) had a few words to read.  I think they were Catholic officials, they did not introduce them.  Mary Margret Judy read also.  The choir sang and the sick were prayed for.  When we left, cards were passed to us with prayers by Saint Mother Teresa and by Pope Francis. First thing Catholic they have had here for everybody.  You would hardly know it is a Catholic facility. No one treats you different from another.  I like that.  It was not attended well.  I don't think they advertised it well, for I thought it was a good thing.  The choir  (and me) sang a good old song from way back --LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS. Guess we are all connected after all. (Mary Margret requested it.)  I don't know what faith she is.

Betty Boop

No comments: