April 23, 2019

GOOD THOUGHTS

One of the things I love about going to Church is the music.   When you read the caption at the bottom of hymns you get a small peek into who wrote it and when.  Some we sing go way back.  A real connection  to why I love them.  I was in my little "garden" this morning and thought of this old hymn-ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL.   I looked it up in the Methodist Hymnal I keep here.  Truman always kept one that he bought from the Church. I lost it in my move and Barbra the church secretary got for me a replacement. I really appreciate that.  I look up one sometime that keeps ringing in my ear. This one was written in I848  words by Cecil Frances Alexander.  Old English melody.  Not that you need that info.  The words come from:  Gen. 1:13.   If you get a chance to read it, do.  It is beautiful  and meant something to me this morning. 

BettyBoop

No comments: