March 25, 2015

BREAKING OUT!!!

Even if it is only to go to the Dr.---it felt good.  Don't be concerned, it was just a routine appointment with the Foot Dr.  To get my toenails trimmed.  Can't do it for myself anymore.  Since I am diabetic and must pay attention to my foot health, that is why I need to have them done.  Amy took me (bless her) and we were close to Calloway's and I had an insurance dividend check  for just about the same as the cost for one of those cute watering cans Amy wrote about and mine had sailed off the balcony in a rain storm, never to be found, I bought one for myself.  So there-- that felt good. We also had lunch first out here  on the Lake Terrace.  So beautiful today.  I am planning my little balcony garden.  That will be fun to have something pretty blooming out there.  My Mother could make anything grow and Daddy laughed when he said the weeds would duck when she came toward them.  He could grow a veggie garden like nobody else.  Always tomatoes butter beans, snap beans. okra. potatoes, and peas.  Can't remember what else.  Of course we had a garden everywhere we lived.  We depended on most of our food that way.  That was not unusual then.  I remember the spring brought early English peas with small red potatoes cooked slightly and milk added to the bowl before serving.  O my was that good.  English peas did not make a very big crop and that made them special.  I think of them at Easter so they must have been ready then.  Amy has set me to thinking of things I haven't thought of for a long time.  Thank you, for the memories.

Betty Boop

No comments: