January 20, 2018

AND WE ARE BACK

The talk among other things was about the BIG SHUT DOWN.  Thursday the power went down as was planned for I hour to work on big building project here.  That in it's self was a biggie here.  We were prepped and prepared. yet excited.  It all went as planned and when they turned the power back on, it shut down TV, computers and in some cases telephone.  O my gosh what panic to fine out what was wrong.  The  halls were full of people asking. Finally messages were sent out that a unexpected thing happened.  A rare thing.  Still do not understand it all but 40-50 power boxes  had to be ordered overnight because none were in stock.  C-Spire was in a dither.  They had men and trucks everywhere.  The word was it would be connected when the parts were here Friday.  Oh my, all I could think about was no BIG BANG THERORY or SHELDON.  It was strange the way everyone reacted.  I took it o, k, but was thankful we still had power for lights and heat.  It was Friday in the afternoon when it was restored and now we just have a paper of apology and hard explanations. we may never know what really  happened.  They said the boxes experienced an outage from power surge similar to a lighting strike when we regained electricity.  So be it!!!  The thing is we are to have another shut down Tuesday, and they hopefully will be better prepared should it happen again.   So that is my news, it all turned out alright, but I don't want that to happen again.  People are funny, you should hear the stories.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I heard all the hubbub going on out there before the power was turned off. I can’t imagine what folks had to say when their TV and phones blew!!