January 7, 2018

SUNDAY MORNING

Finally above freezing.  We will appreciate it when still so many are digging out from snow and ice.  Yesterday Jan took me to the grocery store.  I had not been in so long and I needed a lot.  Felt good to eat out from here for a change.  I dreaded trying to start my car.  Afraid it was not ready for that much freezing degrees.  But thank you Lord, it cranked right up. 

Some people are sick around here with what I call the crud. It caught up with Amy too yesterday.  She sounded so congested.  It takes a lot to bring her to a halt.  I do hope she takes care.  I have three friends that I see regularly who are in with it.  I  hope I don't get sick.  I wont get to go to Church today.  I will miss it.  I will find something to do.  I have a poem running around in my head.  Must try to tame it and make it readable.  I think I can.  I just need to sit down and try. 

For days we have been host to many sea gulls.  They sat on parts of frozen spots in rows yesterday and the day before.  Could not hunt for fish.  I guess they decided to fly south because for the first time in many days I do not see a single one.  I must get my bird book out and read up.  Well see I am filling my day up.  I will go to eat in the dinning room and take a nap and read the Sunday paper.  I might have to cancel my subscription if they keep going up in price.  The main reason I take it is for the funnies.  Not a real reason.  I get the feature stories that I like.  So I will stay on board for now.  I do like the written word.

Betty Boop

No comments: