January 4, 2018

STILL TOO COLD

o   I am told it is still cold.  I am sure that is so although I have not been out for a few days.  Must  go soon to the grocery store.  Maybe by Saturday Jan can take me.  If I were living in assisted living I would not have to provide some of these everyday things, like meals, paper goods and snacks, and coffee.  Sounds good sometime.  Not yet!!  But when it becomes necessary --Lord help me to accept it.  I hear of so many who balk at the loss of independence and I understand, but nobody wants that. 

I have what I call a free day.  No therapy.  Tomorrow again.  I went down and had my sausage and eggs over light, in the Cyber.  I passed up the table with three men I know to eat alone.  I was sure the conversation would not be to my liking.  I'll wait till Saturday and I know there will be females to change the line of topics.  Oh the joy of choosing.  It is a state that I have gotten used to and I have never had before.  Another "stage of life."  I must get back to writing.  I seem to be dry of subjects for poems.  I remember when I get like this, I usually am better at essays., but there again I need a subject that I want to share.  Sometime my thoughts are for me alone. 

I loved seeing Cary and her children.  They leave today.  I wish them a safe and good trip home.

Betty Boop 

No comments: