February 10, 2018

ACCIDENTAL BREAKFAST GROUP

Only four this morning.  The main one was sick and one at the table excused herself not feeling well.  I hope that I was not exposed to something.  Some blamed it on the shrimp we had at lunch yesterday.  I had it and I am fine,(for now)  The main topic of discussion was about gadgets we collect to do difficult jobs.  For instance something to open jars and lids of medicine bottles.  I have a collection of gadgets to open lids.  Some work and some don't.  Ended up with one saying he had a perfect one and he would do a little research to see if Wal-Mart carries it.  If not he got his on Amazon.  Later on this.  I asked if any one watched the opening of the Winter Olympics.  Nobody was very interested.  It was different from some in the past.  So many people took part.  I liked seeing it. 

Jan came yesterday and went with me to grocery store.  I am still surprised at how much I have to buy.  Maybe it would be easier to move to assisted living?  No I still relish the ease of independent living.  Even though I depend on Jan and Amy more and more to help me.  Some people don't have the blessings of sweet daughters and son-in-laws to make you feel secure.  Jan is assisting in baby shower for a friend today, so she can't come today.  It is raining and I had just as soon stay indoors. 

I will make split pea soup in a little while.  I do love it. Also I have the things to make Navy Bean too.  Another one I like,  So I will call when soup's on !!!!!!And don't forget cornbread.  I made that a few days ago and it is in the freezer waiting for soup.

Betty Boop

No comments: