February 1, 2018

JANUARY 31, 1927

On that day my Dad got him a girl and wanted a boy.  Oh well. all men want  a boy.  He had to wait 12 years before he got one, but he finally did.  I am a glad I am a girl.  I don't think I would have been a good boy.  Just look how small I am!!!  I would have been called pee-wee for sure.  I had a most wonderful day.  Cards and kind words and little happies flooded my soul.  I got so much love here at St. Catherine's that I could not believe it.  That was just a start.  Jan and  Amy took me to lunch at Amerigo's The sweet girl who waited on us made my day when she guessed I was 58.  It is down right embarrassing the way I have enjoyed fooling people who have been asked to guess my age.  Jan, Amy and Linda gave me a new phone.  I can text now.  Well after much trial and error.  It is getting
to be fun. Such a thoughtful gift..  I appreciate it.   While we were eating, I got texts  from all son-in-laws.  Most grandchildren and great grands too. Even a video from Cary's children. And my niece Karen and I hope I have not left out anyone.  I have been celebrated till I have a "big head."  Another old saying.  Now the spot light fades and Betty Boop takes a bow and with a Boop-op-e-doop she leaves the stage with a twist of her hips and a wink of her eye.  See her next year!!

Betty Boop

No comments: