February 15, 2018

OH ! "What a beautiful morning----

Oh ! what a beautiful day."  There goes another song title.  I started off with breakfast in the Cyber.  Had it to myself.  O. K.  Scrambled eggs and sausage with rye toast and coffee.  So good.  Came up and the sun was shinning so warm that I went to the balcony to finish my coffee.  The birds were singing and I was taken back to south Texas when we used to spend most of January and February with loads of friends.  The weather there was perfect that time of the year.  Yesterday was special.  I saw Dr. Ford.  I have known him for so long.  He came in saying Mrs Ellis 91?  I don't believe it.  Bring your birth certificate next time.  I might do that.  He said I was like a dike and he was the little Dutch Boy, just patching up the cracks and to keep doing what I was doing and see him in 6 months .  After that we ate at Kiefers.  You know what we had.  Then on to Broadmeadow to Ash Wednesday Service.  So good and got my ashes on my forehead in the shape of a cross.  You know the service I am sure.  Start  of Lent--what will you give up?  I gave up the tendency to worry too much.  I will see how long I can do that.  Mardi  Gras lunch was fabulous .  From bloody Mary's to bananas foster.  They did a good job.  Now I have a slow day and I welcome it,

Betty Boop




No comments: